Sheet pan chicken and vegetables is one easy, balanced, gluten free, grain free meal ready in 30 minutes with only a pan and bowl to wash! Honey lemon and herbs soaked around a juicy chicken then baked with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and potatoes is so tasty, healthy and fits a Paleo and gluten free diet!
We used to have neighbors that raised chickens and every morning on our walks we would pass by and say hi to them and their friend, a white lab that was blind. The dog was hilarious because he would always hear our stroller turning the corner nearing closer and closer to the chickens. It is as if he knew it was me and my son because he would run to us and great us with his giant tail wagging and love in his cataract filled eyes.
The routine would be to hug our doggie friend and attempt to pet one of the chickens in hopes to be blessed with a few of her fresh eggs. Ever had fresh chicken eggs, they are unbelievably amazing! Chase used to ask me about those chickens and even now when we visit farms, “Are these what we eat?” Oh gosh dear child, how to explain this one!
Despite that comment I crave protein too much to become vegetarian, which we only have meat about once or twice a week.
The best chicken recipes taste phenomenal tossed in lemon and honey, barbecue sauce, grilled with olive oil, tossed over salads, in pasta or as a pizza topping! And roasting a chicken along side of vegetables brings out a subtle sweetness (from carrots) and more abundant flavors.
Roasted red potatoes happen to be a favorite in our household. Just like fingerling potatoes, they are easy to pick up with fingers and are great sauteed, roasted and diced up for hash-browns. Plus their soft skin and creamy center is super satisfying on all levels of eating!
Sheet pan dinners are my new obsession and you can pretty much accomplish any meal this way and it tastes way more fabulous than baked in a casserole dish.
5 Reasons To Make Sheet Pan Chicken:
- Easy clean up! Two bowls, one cutting board and one pan are used. This ca be lessened if you just add the veggies and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on top then mix it with your hands instead of in a bowl prior.
- Everything is ready at the same time! Forget the hassle of worrying if the meal will be ready at the same time or if the meat will be overcooked. It takes 20 minutes to bake everything, together.
- Picky eaters love this! It is an easy dinner the whole family will enjoy and everyone can pick which veggies they like best.
- Sheet pan chicken is nut free, dairy free, gluten free and Paleo! It caters to most healthy diets!
- Save money! This whole meal is inexpensive and costs under $10 and serves a family of 4.
“It takes 20 minutes to bake everything together in this sheet pan chicken & vegetable dinner!”
If you are vegan and vegetarian… skip the meat and just make the whole sheet pan vegetables and add the lemon herb marinade to your vegetables. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Toss with a side of quinoa or brown rice and garnish with fresh parsley, oregano and lemon.
After making sheet pan chicken I don’t think I will be cooking wholesome vegetables and meats any other way often. Sheet pan meals just take the fuss out of dinner time madness, especially with kids during those hours. Not to mention how fantastic the chicken turns out. Roasted chicken is so juicy, lemony and crisp and incredibly moist! Way more moist than baking in a casserole dish!
Nobody likes a soggy vegetable and the broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and potatoes are still crisp in every bite and bursting with lemony flavors, robust taste and natural sweetness!
More healthy easy dinner recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
- Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Olive Oil Crust Chicken Pot Pie
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies