Sweet, rich cheesecake popsicles! With real cream cheese and Greek yogurt swirled together with a dash of honey, cinnamon and ginger flavor that simply melts in your mouth! It is a favorite dessert for the Fourth of July and during summer months.
In just 3 easy steps we have fabulous frozen cheesecake ice pops with pops of fresh strawberries either inside or blended into the mixture. Simply Blend. Pour. Freeze!
Why this recipe works
- The cheese and cake combo! Despite the name and there being no “cake”, these creamy cheesecake popsicles are where it is at this summer! They are grain-free and made with healthier and lower fat ingredients than an authentic slice of cheesecake.
- Perfect portions! The size of a popsicle is a perfect portion for a sweet and satisfying treat to cool down with.
- Make plain or turn them into strawberry cheesecake popsicles! Either drop fresh slices of strawberries inside the popsicles before freezing, or blend them into the mixture.
Ingredients and Equipment
Cheesecake ingredients –
- whipped cream cheese (it is lighter in fat)
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt (such as Chobani or FAGE)
- pinch of salt
- optional strawberries
Popsicle Equipment –
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
How to make a cheesecake popsicle
STEP 1: In a high powered blender, add the cream cheese, yogurt, honey, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon. Blend well. Either add some strawberries in this step, or leave them out. See QUICK TIP notes below on the popsicle texture.
STEP 2: Pour the mixture into about 8 popsicle molds.
STEP 3: Add strawberries. Or skip this step if you already blended them together with the other ingredients.
STEP 4: Cover and insert the popsicle sticks and place them in the freezer to freeze overnight or 6-8 hours or until firm.
STEP 5: To remove the cheesecake popsicles from molds run under warm water for about 5 seconds or let it set at room temperature for about 5 minutes, or until they remove easily. Enjoy right away.
Blending strawberries into the mixture before freezing helps the popsicles not melt as quickly when eating them. Or leave them out all together or drop a few in by hand. The non-blended version does melt quicker- so lick up!
What cream cheese is best for cheesecake popsicles?
You can use full fat, regular, whipped, or light cream cheese for cheesecake popsicles. I prefer to use either whipped or light as it contains less fat and calories. The nutrition information in these cheesecake popsicles is for light cream cheese.
How many cups is 8 ounces?
For the cream cheese and yogurt, 8 ounces equal to 1 cup. If you want to cut this recipe in half or need assistance with how many ounces in a cup when measuring the ingredients, see this cups chart.
Related recipes you may enjoy
If you make this cheesecake popsicle recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!