Take watermelon to the next level and make this fresh and delicious watermelon juice at home with two ingredients and a blender! This refreshing drink has sweet flavor, electrolytes, and no added sugars.
Let’s make watermelon juice! It’s a light and uplifting watermelon drink that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. This juice is loaded with electrolytes, hydrates more than plain water, and tastes incredible like my mango juice recipe and pineapple orange juice!
Watermelon is the perfect fruit to consume since it has a high water content, loads of nutritional values, and it contains very little calories. It is naturally sweet with no added sugar and has delicious taste – perfect for turning into fresh fruit juice!
- Why make fresh watermelon juice
- Ingredients to make watermelon juice
- Equipment you’ll need
- Easy method for refreshing watermelon juice!
- Storing fresh fruit juice
- Types of watermelons you can use
- Juice combinations to mix it up
- More delicious drinks that cleanse
- Watermelon Juice Recipe
Why make fresh watermelon juice
The best way and one of my favorite ways to enjoy watermelon on hot summer days is to make this easy watermelon juice recipe. Drinking this fresh watermelon juice is so tasty over ice cubes, and like lemon cucumber detox water it’s an easy way to get a boost of hydration, help with losing weight, and to flush away bodily toxins since it is made up of mostly water. Watermelon is also a great way to consume amino acid, one of the essential building blocks of life!
You’ve probably seen bottled cold pressed watermelon juice sold at the grocery store, but it can easily be made at home at a much cheaper cost. Aside from drinking it, my favorite way to use it is turned into watermelon coconut popsicles!
Ingredients to make watermelon juice
- Mini Seedless Watermelon. These watermelons have underdeveloped watermelon seeds that are easy to digest and are small in size ranging from about 10-20 pounds. Choose a small mini seedless watermelon which is easier to cut and use half of it (or 4 cups if you want to know how many ounces in a cup) for this recipe which makes two drinks. Or use the whole meat of the watermelon to make four watermelon drinks.
- Limes or Fresh Organic Lime Juice in a bottle. If using lime juice that is already prepared I say use organic as some have added sulfites and preservatives. We like using lime but you can also use lemon juice.
Equipment you’ll need
- Mesh bag, nut milk bag, or fine mesh strainer to freshly cold press out and separate the fruit pulp from the liquid.
- High speed blender or food processor.
Easy method for refreshing watermelon juice!
Here are instructions on how to make this delicious juice with an incredibly easy method! As always see the recipe card for full instructions and details. This is one of the best recipes and a favorite summer drink of mine that I know you’ll love too!
First, get your ripe watermelon and using a sharp knife, slice the whole watermelon in half and cut away the watermelon rind and skin. Then chop the watermelon in large chunks and place them in a high powered blender.
You will need four cups. Then add in the lime juice or lemon juice and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
Place a mesh or nut bag over a large bowl and pour in the watermelon juice. Using your hands squeeze the bag to remove the juice and separate the pulp.
Discard the pulp and pour the fresh pressed watermelon juice into two glasses filled with ice cubes. Consume within 3 days and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Settlement will occur so it will need mixing before drinking.
Storing fresh fruit juice
Store this fresh watermelon juice recipe in a sealed airtight jar or container in the refrigerator. Fresh pressed fruit juice is best consumed right away or within 24 hours. Discard after 2 days as it will no longer be as good.
Types of watermelons you can use
There are various species of watermelon fruit and knowing which one is best for juicing is key to tasty drink. Common types of watermelon include:
- Seedless Watermelon. These are great for juicing and do not contain large black seeds. They are smaller and includes Queen of Hearts, King of Hearts, Jack of Hearts, Millionaire, Crimson, and Trio Nova.
- Picnic Watermelon. This variety contains seeds and are much larger and includes Charleston Gray, Black Diamond, Jubilee, Allsweet, and Crimson Sweet.
- Icebox Watermelons. These include Sugar Babies and Tiger Babies.
- Yellow / Orange Watermelons. Such varieties come seedless and with seeds and can be used to make watermelon juice, although it’s not as tasty as the pink / reddish variety. This type includes , Desert King, Tendergold, Yellow Baby, and Yellow Doll.
Juice combinations to mix it up
This easy watermelon juice recipe is tasty as is or you can add fresh mint leaves while you sip. Here are a few more juice combinations that can be added to this easy recipe.
- Coconut Watermelon and Mint Juice – Stir in a splash of coconut water for a tropical beverage and garnish with fresh mint.
- Melon Aloe Vera Juice – Blend in 1-2 inches of aloe vera gel with the watermelon in a blender.
- Strawberry Watermelon Juice or Watermelon and Pineapple Drink – Blend in ½ cup of strawberries or pineapple and follow the straining the pulp directions.
- Watermelon Cucumber Drink – Blend in 1 cup of cucumber slices.
- Sparkling Watermelon Juice – Add a splash of sparkling water and fresh mint leaves.
- Watermelon Orange Juice – Add 1 peeled orange to the blender.
Is watermelon juice healthy?
Juiced watermelon is an incredibly healthy drink to consume made of mainly water. The juicy melons themselves are mostly water with nutrients and other plant compounds including:
Vitamin C which is essential for skin health and strengthening the immune system.
Potassium to support blood pressure control, heart health, and hydration.
Copper helps to support a healthy metabolism and nervous system.
Vitamin B5 which helps energize the body.
Vitamin A or beta carotene which helps promote healthy eyes and normal vision.
What is a watermelon drink good for?
Since watermelon is made of mainly water, drinking it as a drink or juice is extremely re-hydrating and wonderful for athletic recovery as it repairs muscle soreness.
Can I drink watermelon juice instead of water?
Both water and this watermelon drink can be consumed throughout the day but you should not replace water for watermelon juice. This fruit juice still contains sugar and natural carbs where water has zero calories, sugar, and carbohydrates. Melon juice should be consumed if doing a juicing cleanse or after workouts to help flush out toxins and replenish the body with electrolytes.
How much watermelon juice should you drink a day?
I suggest to drink no more than 2 drinks or 8 ounce glasses of watermelon juice in a day. It still contains natural sugar which can cause blood sugar levels to rise.
What are the side effects of too much watermelon juice?
Side effects of consuming too much watermelon can be diarrhea, digestion issues, rise in blood sugar levels, increased risk of liver inflammation, and water intoxication (yes, that is a real thing!).
How long can fresh watermelon juice stay in the fridge?
It is best when it’s cold and you can keep it in the fridge in a sealed containter and enjoy for up to four days.
More delicious drinks that cleanse
- Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Mango Juice
- Detox Beet Juice
- Green Juice (weight loss drink)
- Carrot Juice
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Celery Juice
- Pineapple Orange Juice
If you make this fresh homemade watermelon juice recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below.