Crunchy and loaded with mouthwatering texture and subtly sweet juices, this cucumber salad recipe is sure to have your taste buds yearning for more! Perfect for summer BBQ’s and takes less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
This delicious dish mixes cucumber slices with fresh dill, rice vinegar, and shallots for a refreshing summer salad. Because when it’s barbecue season, nothing says summer greater than enjoying the labors of the earth’s fresh produce – cucumber!
They are crispy, crunchy, hydrating and super delicious to serve as a side dish. And if you have a love of cucumber recipes, be sure to also check out our Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad, Cucumber Tomato Salad and Cucumber Feta Appetizer Bites!
- Why this cucumber recipe works
- Key ingredients
- Salad Variations
- How to make this recipe
- Recipe FAQs
- Related recipes
- Cucumber Salad
Why this cucumber recipe works
- a great way to hydrate the body and aid in weight loss – cucumbers are made up of 95% water and are low in calories and rich in potassium and fiber. This can help flush out toxins and fill you up on a low calorie and low fat food. [source] Eat smarter, without feeling deprived 😊.
- paleo, vegan and naturally gluten-free – the main ingredient is cucumber and they absorb so much flavor from the dressing, and herbs, that not much extra is needed, making this a light dish suitable for most diets
- it’s a fuss-free and fail-proof salad recipe! – My mother-in-law always used to cringe at the thought of having to bring a salad to a family gathering because she would get overwhelmed and feel like they are far too complicated. The struggle was in how to mix and match what. This cucumber salad recipe is fuss-free and fail-proof, so much anyone can make it! It only has 2 main ingredients plus the extra flavors that make it finger-licking good!
- salad – the bulk of salad consists of cucumbers, fresh dill weed, and diced shallots
- dressing – olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper
You can also add crumbled feta, goat cheese, corn, or grape tomatoes to this recipe for a little variety!
How to make this recipe
STEP 1. Wash, cut of the ends and peel the cucumbers (I love these peelers).
STEP 2. Slice the cucumbers into thin slices and place in a large bowl. Then blot them with a paper towel to remove extra water (this helps keep the cucumber salad crunchy).
STEP 3. On top of the cucumbers, add the dill and shallots.
STEP 4. In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the cucumber salad, then mix well to combine.