Vegan chocolate pudding pie recipe made with chia seed chocolate pudding served as a large pie or mini tarts! A delicious easy blend of chia seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla flavors and almond milk topped on a healthy no-bake chocolate, nut and date crust!
There is something about comfort creamy desserts that make me smile! I just love making a home filled with delicious easy cream pie and this vegan chocolate pudding pie recipe. This version of a vegan chocolate cream pie is super easy and all you need is a food processor or blender, and pie dish or tart dish. Plus it contains no baking, no butter and has zero guilt or unnecessary fats! Be sure to also check out this chia seed pudding recipe!
- Vegan Chia Pudding Pie
- Health benefits of this Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding Pie
- How to serve it
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding Pie Tarts
Vegan Chia Pudding Pie
The day has arrived lovely friends where you can “have your cake and eat it too!” Or in this case, pie!
What the heck does “have your cake and eat it too mean anyways? I am pretty sure I always eat my cake when it is in front of me and my belly wants it! And the same goes for chocolate even if it is just one little morsel because every gal deserves a bit of chocolate now and then! Right?
My little nuggets probably could not favor chocolate any more than they already do. It is probably their favorite food food group to be exact. They get that one from their grandmother (hi, mom!).
Growing up my mom always had a giant Costco size bag of chocolate morsels sitting in the pantry ready to whip into homemade coconut oil brownies, bakery-style chocolate chip cookies and gluten-free chocolate bundt cake. When I would come home from school I would sneak a handful from the GIANT yellow bag With teeth turned as brown as
I do not suggest you do that because that uncounsious eating led me to be a little overweight in 8th grade until I got it under control.
But I really just loved coming home from school to a house smelling of warm home baked goods for snack-time! Do you have any favorite chocolaty memories?
My boys could eat chocolate all day long if I fed it to them. And they especially love this chocolate pie from Pioneer Woman but I wanted to make something super healthy and easy that they can eat even for breakfast! So when I first made this raw vegan chocolate pudding version and turned them into tarts the boys just loved them!
They even wanted to eat the chocolate date base (or crust) rolled into mini circular bites! So if you have a desire to just enjoy just the crust – go for it and roll them into balls for a healthy chocolate desserts or add them to the base of pecan pie, chocolate mousse pie, or any other favorite chocolate pie!
When I crave something sweet and creamy I love how healthy this dairy-free basic vegan chia pudding recipe makes me feel. I do not feel bloated, full of crap or guilty but actually super energized!
Every single ingredient in this raw chocolate pie recipe is made of natural ingredients that BENEFIT the body in some way! Mind blown, right??? The base is adapted from my raw cashew cheesecake recipe.
Health benefits of this Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Benefits of chia seeds: Provides tons of healthy brain-boosting omega 3 benefits and it keeps the body full longer because it is packed with fiber.
- Chocolate: Chocolate gets a bad rap most of the time but it actually quite healthy in moderation and when used correctly. This recipe uses cocoa powder which is fat free, contains antioxidants and iron.
- Almond milk: Low fat, does not aggravate the digestive track from lactose and is a great source of calcium, vitamin D and vitamin E.
- Nuts: High in protein so it keeps the body fuller longer and contains heart healthy monounsaturated fats to aid in lowering cholesterol.
- Coconut oil: It is high in saturated fats but the way the body metabolizes it is good for you! Coconut oil can boost the metabolism and aid in loosing weight. The fats are excellent in the development of children’s brains.
How to serve it
Serve this chia seed chocolate pie recipe in a large pie dish, these adorable mini tarts, or even in muffin tins! If using a muffin pan, line them first then press the chocolate pie crust in the muffin pan and freeze them. Then after it is frozen fill each muffin cup with the chocolate chia seed pudding and store in the refrigerator. It is such a delicious and healthy dessert treat with a double dose of chocolate to soothe those cravings!
Also, I blending the chocolate chia seed pudding after it was ready right before I added it to the crust. I actually prefer it not blended but you can do it either way (pics are blended version). Enjoy how you like it!