Bring your home to life with the earthy cozy smells of pumpkin and spices in this healthy gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe. Serve this quick bread loaf plain, with butter, or drizzled with a sugary glaze topping.
Pumpkin is by far my most sought out ingredient as soon as September 1st hits the calendar! The holidays are almost here everyone enjoys foods that that focus on breaking bread together, and sharing a good cup of tea or wine in an intimate and personal manner (even on a zoom or facebook call).
So, let’s make this gluten free pumpkin bread, and enjoy with family, friends, and over the holidays!
- What to love about this pumpkin bread recipe
- Pumpkin bread ingredients
- How to make this recipe
- FAQ’s and Expert Tips
- Related pumpkin and quick bread recipes
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
What to love about this pumpkin bread recipe
- delicious and nourishing for any time of the day! – This gluten-free pumpkin quick bread recipe is great to serve for breakfast, snacks, or as a side dish with dinner.
- gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free pumpkin bread! – there is no gluten, milk products, or oil in this recipe.
- natural and healthy – this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe is made with natural ingredients and coconut sugar – nothing processed here!
Pumpkin bread ingredients
This healthy gluten-free pumpkin bread is made with under 10 ingredients!
- Gluten-free flour blend
- pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
How to make this recipe
STEP 1: Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
STEP 2: Whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
STEP 3. Whisk together the gluten-free pumpkin batter ingredients or use an electric mixer.
STEP 4. Spray a bread loaf pan with cooking spray, add the pumpkin bread batter and bake until golden brown and cooked through- about 50-55 minutes. You can also line the pan with parchment paper first. After the gluten-free pumpkin bread bakes, let it cool for 20 minutes then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cooling rack. It slices best after 1 day.
FAQ’s and Expert Tips
Why did my bread sink in?
If the bread sinks in after its cooled, it needed more time baking. Test first with a toothpick inserted in the center. If it sank, it may need an additional 5 minutes of baking time.
Why did my pumpkin bread burn on the outside?
When baked goods burn, the heat on the oven is off and needs to be rechecked and turned down during baking. Decrease it by 25 degrees and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Can I use canned pumpkin spice mix?
No, you need to use pumpkin puree, which does not have additional spices in it.
Can I turn this into a chocolate chip pumpkin loaf bread?
Yes! Just add 1 ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chip morsels. My kids really love this pumpkin bread that way!
What gluten-free flour is best for pumpkin bread?
I love this one which is also dairy-free, or this one which does contain dairy and both cook and bake fantastic!
Related pumpkin and quick bread recipes
- Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins – winning ways to turn this gluten-free pumpkin bread loaf into muffins! Perfect for a speedy breakfast or snack.
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – these pumpkin muffins are so moist and tender with a sweet addition of rich chocolate morsels in every bite!
- Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Quick Bread – another favorite healthy dairy-free and gluten-free quick bread recipe!
- Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies – a lovely whole-grain way to start your mornings.
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and fluffy, gluten-free baked goods that are fantastic for pumpkin season and the holidays!
I hope you enjoy this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for a feature and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to give the recipe a star rating in the recipe area and leave a comment below.