Easy 7-ingredient spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken breast made from start to finish in 35 minutes! This healthy dish is full balanced, bursting with garlic and goat cheese flavor, and is loaded with protein!
Thank you ChefsTemp for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
- Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Recipe Ingredients
- How to make stuffed chicken
- Slice the chicken
- Tenderize the meat
- Make the filling
- Bake the chicken breast
- Success Tips
- Reheating stuffed chicken
- More healthy poultry recipes
- Stuffed Chicken Breast With Spinach And Goat Cheese Filling
Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Stuffing chicken helps keep a beautifully juicy meat with loads of flavor! This recipe is quick, easy, healthy, keto, grain-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free!
This is the best recipe for stuffed chicken breast! It is so simple with a creamy spinach filling and only a whopping 7 ingredients! It tops the charts with my other favorite quick and simple chicken recipes which are this Easy Chicken Breast Recipe and BBQ Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash!
- Meat – Lean chicken breasts, preferably organic. Trim any extra fat first before stuffing the chicken.
- Filling – A rich filling or “stuffing” made of chopped spinach, goat cheese, fresh basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. That is it! Nothing too fancy, but it tastes like your dining at a gourmet five-star restaurant!
When cooking meat, chicken and turkey (poultry) should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and should not be pink, bloody, or chewy. The best and only way to know if cooked chicken meat is done is using a meat thermometer. It is the one tool I really do use for all my meat and grilling recipes!
How to make stuffed chicken
The proper equipment is key to cooking meats and poultry successfully. Then slice and tenderize the chicken breasts for even baking, and finally stuff them full!
Slice the chicken
Slice the chicken breasts horizontally but not fully in half. You want one side to still remain intact so if you were to open the chicken it would be in the shape of a heart.
Tenderize the meat
Tenderizing chicken breasts prior to stuffing and baking is a great way to ensure the meat is thoroughly cooked (and makes the meat even more tender). Place the chicken in a large Zip-lock bag and seal it closed.
With a meat tenderizer give it a few good wacks until the chicken is thin, flat and even then place the chicken breasts in a 9×13-inch baking dish. If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, you can find one here!
Make the filling
Make the filling by mixing together the spinach, goat cheese, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl.
Open a flap of the breast and stuff the filing into each piece of chicken and fold the flap back over. Repeat for all the chicken breasts.
Bake the chicken breast
Bake the stuffed chicken breasts in a baking dish at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to a safe temperature.
I personally love this ChefsTemp meat thermometer! It is small and convenient, has high accuracy, reads in 2-3 seconds, has an option to hold, comes on right when it is opened, is waterproof, and easy to clean!
You can also drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction before serving for even more mouthwatering taste.
- Make sure the chicken breasts are tenderized all over, especially on the thicker part to flatten it so that the meat cooks evenly.
- Once the spinach thaws, discard the extra liquid before mixing and stuffing the chicken. If heating on the stove the extra liquid will naturally evaporate.
- When checking for doneness with a meat thermometer, make sure to insert it at the thickest part, and at the bottom of the chicken. If it hits the center where the filling is it may give a false read.
Reheating stuffed chicken
To reheat this stuffed chicken breast recipe warm them in an oven-safe dish in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, covered, for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
More healthy poultry recipes
- Honey Lemon Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Breast Recipe
- Healthy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
If you make this stuffed chicken breast from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!