One of the most refreshing drinks is this cucumber water recipe infused with fresh orange slices, mint and lime! It can help increase hydration, absorption of immunity boosting vitamin C, and to achieve healthy skin complexion! Orange cucumber lime water is easy to make and sip all day!
Glasses of water with cucumber slices mixed with lime water is a great way to to get proper hydration, and is one of our favorite detox water drinks – for kids too! This healthy drink is light and refreshing on a hot summer day and there are many variations to make it. Cucumber-infused water is one of the best infused water recipes to enjoy as a simple detox drink. And it happens to be a favorite water recipe for many along with an apple cider vinegar drink and this lemon cucumber mint water.
The taste of plain water can be boring so for extra flavor, add cucumber! Cucumber in a drink (cocktails included) is simply divine and makes water, club soda, and beverages taste fabulous! Not to mention cucumbers are low calorie and make a gorgeous cucumber appetizer with feta cheese.
- How to make cucumber water (spa water)
- Best Cucumbers For Infused Water
- Health benefits of cucumber water
- Cucumbers and weight loss
- More Detoxing and Water Recipes
- Cucumber Water with Orange, Mint and Lime
- Fresh water
- Organic English cucumber slices (or Persian cucumbers)
- navel orange cut into slices
- lime cut into slices (or use lemons since lemon juice tastes great too!)
- mint leaves
Mint and oranges slices are optional ingredients, and can be omitted. See recipe card for quantities.
How to make cucumber water (spa water)
If you are able to grow your own cucumbers (you can learn how to here) in your garden, kudos to you! We used to grow our own, and one day will again. They are fabulous fresh off the vine plus you can enjoy them organic without pesticides and sprays!
STEP 1: Dice one whole cucumber or use a vegetable peeler to cut it into ribbons.
STEP 2: Fill a pitcher with 6 cups of water and add the entire prepared cucumber to a large pitcher of water.
STEP 3: Add a few sprigs of fresh mint leaves and citrus fruit such as orange slices, lemon slices, and lime slices. For this recipe I use 1 navel orange and 1 lime. If you want, you can also try this cucumber lemon water recipe.
STEP 4: Let the pitcher set for 1-3 hours to soak in the flavors. The longer the water recipe sets, the more delicious it will taste. Right before serving, top the rest of the pitcher with ice cubes and serve cold.
As an additional option, add other fresh fruit such as watermelon, strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe in place or along with the citrus fruit. For cucumber water just use the ratio of 1 whole English cucumber to 6-8 ounces of water.
Best Cucumbers For Infused Water
The main ingredient (of course) is an organic cucumber and fresh filtered drinking water. But can you use other kinds of cucumber (Cucumis sativus plant) is best to use in an infused water recipe?
Any type of cucumber works for infusing in water, but we like English or Persian cucumber best. Try using a English cucumber, Japanese cucumbers, regular cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, and/or Persian cucumbers.
To make this beverage really pretty, dice the cucumber in angles or peel it into ribbons – which happen to be our beloved way to eat cucumbers in this drink at the end of polishing off a fresh glass.
Health benefits of cucumber water
The benefits of drinking cucumber soaked in water are astounding. Let’s first break it down with the ingredients.
- Cucumber – according to early research and this article, cucumber helps with bones, cardiovascular health, depression, reduce inflammation, diabetes, autoimmune conditions, promote glowing skin, and is full of antioxidants to help ward away and fight cancer.
- Oranges and limes are a wonderful source for preventing health concerns such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. They contain high amounts of fiber and vitamin C, calcium, potassium, folate and vitamin A.
- Mint is essential for aiding and supporting digestion and helps to also settle an upset belly.
The ingredients themselves are so healthy as a whole, so make sure when you finish this delicious drink that you eat the produce also to maximize the health benefits!
Cucumbers and weight loss
When you eat a cucumber, it directly helps with regular hydration since it is made up of mostly water and fiber which helps to flush out and cleanse the human body system. This helps push toxins from the body and clean up the liver.
Adding cucumbers to water activates digestion through hydration of the body and simply tastes much more flavorful than plain water – in my opinion. Drinking it can help with weight loss since it is a great substitute for sugary sodas, fruit juice, sports drinks, and soft drinks, plus it is much lower in calories.
More Detoxing and Water Recipes
- 4 Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Body Cleanse
- Lemon Water Drink & Benefits
- Lemon Cucumber Mint Detox Water
- 9 Detox Kitchen Hacks That Work
- Fruit Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Green Smoothie Recipe