Energizing gluten-free almond butter bars made with chia seeds and orange marmalade jam for a chewy, cake-like, delicious healthy snack! These bars are always a hit with the kids!
Discover the delicious and nutritious world of almond butter bars packed with chia seeds! Bring these bars to school lunches and the playground along with no-bake breakfast bars, vegan rice crispy treats, and strawberry crumble bars because they get gobbled up in no time.
We delve into the amazing benefits and taste sensations. leave everyone craving these scrumptious, healthy treats. Say goodbye to unhealthy snacking, and say hello to the perfect balance of taste and nutrition with these chewy almond butter bars!
- Why this almond butter bar recipe is so great
- Key Ingredients
- How to make this recipe
- Recipe FAQs
- Related recipes
- Almond Butter Bars
Why this almond butter bar recipe is so great
- Healthy energizing snack – These almond butter bars combines fantastic ingredients that are incredibly healthy, energizing, and nutrient dense. Almonds, almond butter, olive oil, and chia seeds. All of which are packed with good healthy fats and fiber that can help aid in weight loss, boost brain function and support the cardiovascular system. You may also love our easy brownies recipe with only 3 ingredients!
- Easy and quick grab-and-go snack – Having these almond butter bars on hand makes life easier. After a long day these are great to grab as a healthy afternoon snack for the kiddos. And they are clean to eat like these homemade cereal bars for kids and homemade granola bars.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free snack – these are made with gluten-free flour and without dairy, yet still are incredibly moist and do not crumble. The secret is adding orange marmalade (or use any jam) which makes these slightly chewy and soft in texture without the addition of gluten.
- almond butter – perfect for gluten-free almond butter cookies too!
- extra virgin olive oil
- raw almond slivers
- coconut sugar
- chia seeds – lovely in vegan chia pudding and date bars
- orange marmalade jam (this makes these chewy and the bomb!- promise!)
- gluten-free flour mix
- vanilla extract
- and pink Himalayan salt.
Orange marmalade makes these delicious and have a subtle taste of orange sweetness. In place of orange jam, you can also try it with apricot jam, nutella recipe, or homemade strawberry jam and try adding chocolate chips for a twist on flavor.
Love chocolate? Melt some and drizzle it on top!
How to make this recipe
STEP 1. In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients and sugar.
STEP 2. Using a spatula mix well, breaking up as much of the almond butter as you can to form a smooth batter.
STEP 3. Add the dry ingredients.
STEP 4. Mix the batter to look like this.
STEP 5. Have a 9 x 9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly.
STEP 6. Bake the almond butter bars for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Let them cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift the parchment paper up to transfer to a cooling rack. When the bars are cooled, slice them into 16 squares.