Gluten free strawberry cake made from scratch! This strawberry cake is made with blended fresh strawberries, coconut sugar, and gluten-free flours. Enjoy this tasty dessert for every celebration when strawberries are a must to use up!
Every summer my kids and I cherish the moments we get to go strawberry picking. Usually we end up eating most of the berries along the way. But it is so much fun to seek and find the plumpest, most vibrant, juiciest, red strawberry in the patch! Seasonal strawberries are the best and naturally just better and sweeter in flavor when eaten during warmer months, making them the perfect addition to summer picnics and birthday celebrations! We love to come home and use our freshly picked fruit in cake, to make quick breads, gluten-free strawberry shortcake, homemade strawberry jam, strawberry granola crumble, strawberry banana smoothies, and even topped on this chicken strawberry spinach salad recipe!
Kids are notorious for being picky eaters, so I notice when I add strawberries in baked goods they are less likely to eat them if they have chunks of fruit in it.
Do you know what I mean?
So this gluten-free strawberry cake uses a pound of fresh strawberries that are blended into the cake batter to naturally add sweetness and delicious strawberry flavor without visibly seeing the fruit!
My whole family has been raving about this gluten-free strawberry cake recipe and my oldest son keeps asking, “When can we make that strawberry cake again?”
So I told him we are starting a homeschooling culinary course on gluten-free desserts: Lesson 1 for the day: How to make a gluten-free strawberry cake! Are you with me?
How to make Gluten Free Strawberry Cake
Follow the steps below the image as labeled on the image’s number.
- Step 1: Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Step 2: In a high powered blender, blend the eggs, strawberries and vanilla on high until smooth.
- Step 3: Pour the strawberry mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Step 4: Then pour in the melted coconut oil or avocado oil. I offer both options or oil in this recipe as some people do not like the taste of coconut.
- Step 5: Stir together until the strawberry cake batter is well combined.
- Step 6: Pour the cake batter into a lightly greased 10 cup (or 9-inch) Jubilee Bundt Cake Pan.
- Step 7: Bake the cake at 350 degrees and let set about 20 minutes before removing the cake from the pan and transferring it to a cooling rack.
- Step 8: Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or a natural confectioners’ sugar such as Swerve or powdered monkfruit right before serving. Serve with fresh strawberries and optional whipped cream.
What is it about the smell of homemade cake batter warming in the oven that just makes me feel so warm and comforted inside? The best part is there are no fake ingredients, colors, flavors or sugars.
Cake Mix: Ingredients
Coconut oil or avocado oil (if you do not like coconut oil taste- although it helps make this cake fabulous in my opinon!), gluten-free flours, coconut sugar (or xylitol or monkfruit can be used), egg, leavening agents, salt, vanilla extract and strawberries.
I like to work with coconut sugar in baked goods, although it does lend a darker colored cake. If you want this cake to be lighter and pink in color, you can substitute it with xylitol, monkfruit or organic sugar.
What gluten-free flour works best for cake
Any all-purpose gluten-free flour mix works for this cake. If you are dairy-free, make sure to use dairy-free gluten-free flour mix. My favorites are Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour, or Cup-4-Cup Gluten-Free Flour (although I believe it has dairy from milk powder in this one). I also have a wonderful homemade gluten-free flour blend in my Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Baking Cookbook which you can order from the link which goes to Amazon.
This cake is fabulous to enjoy for teatime, an afternoon snack, dessert, barbecue, summer party, birthday parties and all of your favorite celebration. Or maybe when you just need a good dessert fix😊.
More fan-favorite gluten-free cakes and baked goods
- Orange Juice Cake Glazed with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten-Free Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Oreo Dirt Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Spinach Bundt Cake
- Caramel Chocolate Oat Squares
- Gluten-Free Maple Scones
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
- 25 Gluten-Free Baking Recipes To Do With Kids At Home
- Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies
When you make this strawberry cake, I would love to hear what you think! Please tag me on social media @delightfulmomfood and rate the recipe in the recipe area.