Apple cider vinegar drink for weight loss, detox and optimal health! Apple cider vinegar lowers blood pressure, provides good bacteria in the gut for a flat belly and tastes delicious with the right formula.
Research shows that consuming fruits and vegetables helps improve human health and reduces the risk of chronic disease. Even sipping an apple cider vinegar with honey drink is a great way to get all the benefits of the fermented gut-healing fruit like improving overall health and wellbeing.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar
- Health Benefits of an Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- What is the link between drinking apple cider vinegar and weight loss
- Adding apple cider vinegar to your diet
- When to drink acv for weight loss and cleanse
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Recipes
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink for Weight Loss, Detox and Optimal Health
- filtered water
- raw apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- fresh lemon juice (can add slices to the drink in addition)
- sweetener such as maple syrup or liquid stevia drops
- optional to garnish it with fresh berries and mint leaves
See recipe card below for full details and quantities.
- In a glass add ice, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and maple syrup (or a few drops of Stevia or honey) to sweetened to desired taste. Mix well and enjoy!
- Alternatively you can add fresh ginger, fresh fruit, the juice of thawed berries, or a splash of natural 100% fruit juice for extra flavor.
Hint: If adding any garnishes like mint or fresh berries, let the drink set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes then add the ice and enjoy. This lets the flavors settle.
This apple cider vinegar drink has only a few simple ingredients: organic raw apple cider vinegar (with the mother), lemon, water, ice (optional) and real maple syrup to sweeten. Here is the breakdown how to make this drink delicious and in different ways!
- Mix apple cider vinegar with lemon, water and Stevia or another natural sweetener. Lemon is also important for balancing pH levels and to alkaline the blood. Lemon aids to prevent kidney stones and it decreases anxiety and depression as it has a calming effect. Together with ACV, you get a double boost of balancing power! Mixing apple cider vinegar with lemon also helps to reduce fatty stored within the liver.
- Add a splash of fresh cranberry juice as cranberries are great for flushing the lymphatic system and cleansing the bladder and kidneys.
- Thaw frozen berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or raspberries. Pour the natural fruit juice into the apple cider vinegar drink to sweeten it naturally without added sugars. The bonus is you get extra powerful antioxidants!
- Infuse this drink with fresh fruit. Add berries and let it set in the refrigerator for 3 hours to flavor the water.
- Pour a dash of your favorite natural juice into the recipe.
- Add additional flavors such as fresh ginger and honey or maple syrup. Maple syrup and honey are loaded with vitamins.
- Garnish with fresh mint, which aids in digestion and settling stomach acid.
- Add cayenne pepper to the drink to speed up the metabolism.
Drinking apple cider vinegar
There have been incredible stories of people losing 7 pounds of fat in 7 days and achieving a flat belly drinking apple cider vinegar recipes. The uses of apple cider vinegar are extensive and it is known as the “Miracle Vinegar”. The big questions are is it a hoax or true? When to drink apple cider vinegar? And can the body really lose the weight that quickly?
Despite the matter of is it true (which yes, it works for me! with a low carb diet, along with increasing muscle mass which burns more calories than fat) – an apple cider vinegar drink like this one is a beverage that one should drink!
A few other favorite healing detox drinks you may also enjoy are grapefruit juice, cranberry juice detox water, apple cider vinegar smoothie, and these apple cider vinegar shots.
Health Benefits of an Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
The health benefits of vinegar and effects of apple cider with live cultures are phenomenal and seem to never end.
- ACV is a fermented food which adds good bacteria to the gastrointestinal
- Aids to boost the immune system thanks to the good bacteria
- Helps with weight loss, burns fat and suppresses the appetite and is great to add to a low calorie diet
- Keeps skin healthy and glowing
- Heals acne when diluted and used externally.
- May heal swimmers’ ear when place on a cotton ball and resting over the ear
- Balances pH levels in the body and make the blood alkaline. When the body is in an alkaline state, disease, candida and bacteria cannot grow.
- Provides better digestion
- Can lower blood pressure, reduce high cholesterol (triglyceride levels) and improve cardiovascular health thanks to apples.
- May help type 2 diabetes and insulin levels in low quantities
- Brightens teeth, kills bad breath bacteria and removes teeth stains
- High in calcium, magnesium, potassium and other vitamins and minerals
- Contains lemon which, when mixed in water, is an excellent detox water and provides vitamin C to boost the immune system
- Improves mood, fights anxiety and depression thanks to the addition of lemon.
How does one powerful substance do all that just by adding vinegar to your diet? Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules. These molecules help regulate bacteria that grows in the body with probiotics. When that bacteria is eliminated, your body can focus on growing and functioning properly. Skin looks better, the gut has been detoxed from toxins, the immune system gets a boost and the body is able to fight off sickness and disease.
It gets better… drinking ACV is linked to weight loss and is great to drink for detox.
What is the link between drinking apple cider vinegar and weight loss
Lots have emails have been rolling into my inbox lately regarding how to lose weight and get rid of that dreaded stomach fat. Drinking this vinegar drink diluted with water and eating a low carb, high protein diet usually supports weight loss. How much apple cider vinegar to drink? According to a study on Healthline, obese people who took 1–2 tablespoons (15–30 ml) daily for 12 weeks lost weight and body fat.
The connection to weight loss is due to the fact that raw apple cider vinegar is a fermented food. Fermented foods are known to be healthy and beneficial to the gut. It goes from alcohol into acetic acid. In a small study, acetic acid is known to reduce obesity in rates and even obese humans by decreasing abdominal fat and the build-up of liver and body fats. In addition, these studies suggest the fermented foods have been known to provide anti-obesity effects, supports cardiovascular and metabolic health, reduces hypertension, and provide anti-cancer effects.
I personally try to drink this apple cider vinegar weight loss drink at a maximum of 3 times a day or fill a large 32-ounce mason jar full and sip up to two of them during the day. This recipe is included with all my detox drinks and I am providing a few alternative ways here to make it taste fabulous.
Last month I was eating too many carbs and gained about 5 pounds quickly. Mind you, I am writing a baking cookbook and HAD to test all the recipes😉. I needed a reset button. So, I started drinking my apple cider vinegar drink again and made sure meals were low carb (which is how I usually eat). Within 1 week those extra 5 pounds were gone!
Adding apple cider vinegar to your diet
The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet is one way people are having great success in losing weight. Here are a few ways to include this vinegar (with mother) into your daily routine:
- Drink this recipe using Braggs Raw Unfiltered ACV or this homemade vinegar with mother – it contains fermented cultures similar to Kombucha and contains good bacteria in a potent form.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Pills – Yes, you can take it in pill form! The only thing is if you include it in a drink form, you are flushing out bloating and toxins with water and lemon. If you choose the pill, make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day such as my lemon cucumber mint detox water.
- Try this cabbage soup diet recipe. Add the vinegar right before eating. Cabbage is excellent to flush out toxins and boost the metabolism. Plus, this soup is low calorie, high fiber and filling.
- Add ACV to salad as dressing mixed with avocado oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 teaspoons into your favorite berry-based smoothie (not one with dairy) such as this beauty drink.
With all those apple cider vinegar benefits and available variations to drink it, I hope that convinces you that this vinegar drink is a must!
And if you want to make your own apple cider vinegar, be sure to check out this post on making apple cider to vinegar with fresh apples or apple scraps. I hope you add this drink to your everyday healthy living routine for optimal health!
When to drink acv for weight loss and cleanse
Apple cider vinegar and when to drink it? Drink this warm first thing in the morning 20 minutes before consuming anything. Or drink it chilled at least two times per day in between meals along with a healthy low carb, low sugar, high protein, no processed foods diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to drink apple cider vinegar in the morning or at night?
Drinking an apple cider vinegar drink is great to consume both morning and night as it activates digestion for the body to cleanse. Although for weight loss it is better to drink it first thing in the morning at least 20 minutes before consuming food to jumpstart the metabolism and “start-up” stomach acid after fasting.
Can I drink apple cider vinegar everyday?
Can you drink apple cider vinegar everyday? Yes! But in moderation. Consuming 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar everyday is not harmful, although it should be diluted with water or another base such as olive oil for salad dressing. Never drink ACV straight as it is highly acidic and the side effect is that it can erode teeth enamel and the esophagus. Too much apple cider vinegar can also lower potassium levels and insulin levels so avoid taking large quantities of apple cider vinegar if you take insulin.
Can I drink apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach?
It is best to drink acv on an empty stomach before consuming food to help cleanse the body, start the digestion process, and balance sugar levels.
What does the apple cider vinegar drink do for you?
Studies show that apple cider vinegar lowers blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, provides good bacteria in the gut, helps support weight loss, and can help reduce acne.
Who should not drink apple cider vinegar?
If you are on certain medications, especially diabetes drugs or insulin, consult a doctor before drinking an apple cider vinegar drink. Since ACV lowers blood sugar levels naturally it may make it too low for certain individuals.
Is apple cider vinegar good for kidney and liver?
Yes, apple cider vinegar is good for the kidney and liver. It can help prevent kidney stones by breaking down the calcium. It also has a cleansing effect for both the kidneys and liver.
- Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Detox Beet Juice Recipe
- 4 Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Body Cleanse
- Hot and Warm Lemon Water Benefits
- Good Bacteria: Why Your Body Needs It
- Green Machine Juice Detox Drink
- Apple Cider Vinegar Smoothie
- Benefits of Drinking Pickle Juice
- Best Detox Drinks
I hope you enjoy this Apple Cider Vinegar Drink recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for a feature and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to give the recipe a star rating in the recipe area and leave a comment below.