Fresh detox green juice made of cucumbers, celery, ginger, romaine lettuce, and lemon to promote body cleanse and assist in weight loss! Learn how to make it in a blender and drink this magical green drink every morning!
If you are looking for a good detox drink, look no further because this detox green juice has all the healing, metabolism boosting agents the body thrives from! Green juice is truly a gift from the goddesses due to the high quantity of vitamins, minerals and hydrating properties it contains!
Drinking detox green juice is a quick and deliciously hydrating way to get a few doses of daily vegetables! It is one of the best juice cleanse for weight loss (along with celery juice) to add to your daily existing diet.
- Instructions in a Blender and Juicer
- Green Juice Health Benefits
- How does this drink detox?
- When to drink this beverage
- More detox and wellness drink recipes you may enjoy
- Detox Green Juice Recipe
- Romaine Lettuce – this green leaf has a high content of minerals, such as calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, folate and potassium. It is also packed with vitamins including vitamin C, K, and A. Potassium helps the heart to beat regularly, calcium enriches the bones, aids to the nervous system, and brain which is the body’s control panel. Vitamin C helps to break down citrate and flush out kidney stones when found in urine. Vitamin K is important also for the blood and folate is beneficial to pregnant women as it supports a healthy pregnancy. Vitamin A helps the eyes.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are loaded with fiber and help hydrate the body. When the body is well hydrated, it speeds up the metabolism and helps improve physical performance. Have extra cucumbers? Try these cucumber bites too!
- Celery – celery contains less calories than it takes the body to metabolize it. Meaning the body burns more calories breaking down a celery stalk to digest it than it consumed. In turn celery helps you lose weight and stay fuller longer thanks to its high fiber content.
- Lemon – The powerful citrus fruit is used whole when juiced. When in a blender, I suggest removing the skin. Lemons help flush toxins by jump-starting the digestive system when served in warm lemon water. It contains vitamin C, which is an antioxidant to help boost the immune system and remove free radicals from the body.
- Fresh Ginger – is an anti-inflammatory food is widely known for helping settle an upset stomach. It contains gingerol, a powerful substance that contributes to healing and acts as natural medicine. It reduces soreness, reduces inflammation and helps fight colds and the flu. It is great to add to anti-inflammatory smoothies too!
- Coconut Water – coconut water is high in potassium with no added sugars and adds a slight natural sweetness to juices and smoothie recipes. Drinking it is an incredible way to help hydrate the body.
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions in a Blender and Juicer
How to make detox green juice at home? It is so simple and you don’t need a fancy juicer if you don’t have one. Just a blender and nut bag for straining. Here are both methods for making fresh green juice.
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth. Using a mesh bag or nut bag like this one (which I love and use religiously!), place the bag over a large bowl. Pour the juice into the bag.
Squeeze the bag tightly numerous times until all of the juice is drained into the bowl. Save the fiber pieces remaining in the nut bag and add them to smoothies or baked goods. Pour the juice into a glass to serve. Best served chilled.
Add all the ingredients to a juicer. Juice according to manufactures instructions. Enjoy over ice or chilled in the refrigerator first for an hour!
There is a simple substitution to green juice that can be made. Try this different variation and let me know if you have any questions.
- Lettuce – instead of romaine lettuce, you can use spinach or kale.
- Apple – There are no apples in this recipe, but you can add 1 apple for a little more sweetness. Green apple, gala, honeycrisp, or fuji are all good kinds of apples to juice. For a blender add apple slices and in the juicer, you can add the apple whole. The juicer will discard extra parts such as the core.
- Aloe Vera – adding aloe to smoothies and juice has incredible health benefits. See here how to cut an aloe plant, and add about 1 inch of the gel to the blender or juicer before blending.
I highly recommend a Vitamix as it gets every last spec of ingredients blended so you can not even see it. It is what I have and use almost daily – I love it! Juicers can be found on Amazon for reasonable prices, but I highly recommend this one as the best juicer. It requires little cleaning and separates the pulp from liquid nicely!
When making fresh juice the key is to drink it within 1-2 days. The longer detox green juice sets the less nutritional value it has. Store your fresh pressed juice in the refrigerator in a sealed airtight jar or container and consume within 1-2 days.
Green Juice Health Benefits
This detox green juice is an amazing wellness drink! It is lower in calories and aids in improving the function of the body, starting with the digestive system.
- Improves digestion
- Helps eliminate toxins from the body
- Increases hydration
- Speeds up the metabolism for weight loss and to achieve a flat belly
- Promotes glowing skin
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts the immune system
- Fights sickness and disease
- Reduces inflammation
Detox drinks are a favorite wellness beverage of mine with fresh green juice ranking in the top 10. I first fell upon this healing detox drink when I moved to our new city last year. The grocery store nearby had a quaint little coffee, smoothie and juice café which included this green detox juice, wellness shot drinks, green machine drink and more! So, I started making them all at home.
Making fresh juices at home will help you save time (going out to get them) and save you loads of money by making them homemade. Not to mention you will feel an abundance of energy incorporating this into your lifestyle.
How does this drink detox?
Every ingredient in this green juice aids to detox the body. Especially thanks to lemons, coconut water, cucumber and celery. Vegetables, especially these contain loads of water which helps to flush out toxins. Lemons aid to jump-start the liver to produce bile which also aids in digestion and flushing out unwanted free radicals.
When to drink this beverage
I suggest drinking this detox green juice every morning for breakfast to clean and flush out the system before adding more foods into your body. Or enjoy it throughout the day as a healthy snack and to reset, refuel and energize your body quickly!
What does detox green juice do?
Detox green juice helps to cleanse the body of toxins and free radicals. It is mostly water, which helps to flush out the system and contains many vitamins and nutrients that improve overall health.
Does green juice detox your body?
Yes green juice detoxes your body. Green juice is mostly a green vegetable juice. It has hydrating lettuce, cucumber, celery, and ginger to help fight inflammation and heal cells.
Which juice is best for detox?
Any one of these drinks is also good for detox:
Chlorella Detox Smoothie
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Aloe Vera Juice Recipe
Cranberry Juice Detox Water For Flat Belly
Lemon Cucumber Mint Detox Water
Green Machine Juice
Detox Beet Juice Recipe
Detox Water Recipes
Pineapple Orange Juice
More detox and wellness drink recipes you may enjoy
- Wellness Shot for Immunity Health
- Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Lemon Water and Benefits
- Cleansing Matcha Smoothie Bowl (drink as a smoothie!)
- Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Juice
- Detox Drinks
I hope you enjoy this detox green juice recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for a feature and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to give the recipe a star rating in the recipe area and leave a comment below.