It is everything pumpkin recipes! This pumpkin hummus is savory and creamy with delicious fall spices in a chickpea and pumpkin puree base.
Why this hummus recipe works
- Protects eye-sight and rich in antioxidants – Not only is this orange hummus pretty, adding pumpkin to a classic hummus recipe adds more nutritional value to the dip. Pumpkin is rich in iron and Vitamin A, which helps with oxygenating the blood and protect eyesight. Pumpkin is also high in antioxidants and may protect the body against chronic disease. So… yes please, bring on the pumpkin!
- Super simple and healthy dip that takes minutes to make! – This pumpkin hummus recipe takes less that 10 minutes to blend together. Hummus is simple to make and incredibly healthy made with natural plant-based ingredients! It is naturally gluten-free, vegan and much cheaper to make homemade! When throwing a party or needing a healthy snack, you can have it ready at moments notice.
- Perfect holiday party dip!– Since pumpkin is added it is perfect to serve as an appetizer for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Isn’t this gorgeous to add to your holiday table?!
What goes into this recipe
Start with a food processor to blend the ingredients. You will need:
- canned pumpkin puree (not canned pumpkin pie mix)
- chickpeas (garbanzo beans) – drained and rinsed
- seasonings such as salt, cumin, cinnamon, (dash of) paprika
- fresh lemon juice (because fresh is best!)
- garlic cloves
How to make hummus using canned pumpkin
Blend these natural ingredients in a food processor until smooth and drizzle olive oil or avocado oil on top before serving. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Expert serving tips
- Serve pumpkin hummus as an appetizer: This pumpkin hummus is perfect as an appetizer served with roasted vegetables, persimmons, apple slices and crackers.
- Serve it in a wrap: Spread a generous amount of hummus in a gluten-free tortilla wrap or brown rice wrap and layer it with turkey, sprouts and lettuce and a drizzle of cranberry sauce.
- Use it as a dip: Dip your favorite grilled meats in pumpkin hummus. It adds a little bit of sweet and earth notes to grilled chicken or pork.
This time of year I can not seem to get enough pumpkin! A few favorite gluten-free recipes are these pumpkin muffins, grain-free pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin oat breakfast cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin soup (which inspired the flavors in this pumpkin hummus)!
My husband (taste tester) totally approves of this recipe and said it is REALLY good!
Pumpkin pureed is delicious in baked goods (also makes them super fluffy!) and raw foods such as hummus. It has a beautiful orange hue that looks so pretty sprinkled with pumpkin seeds, sage, dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds.
Other recipes you may enjoy are cannellini tahini hummus dip and this olive oil hummus recipe!
If you make this pumpkin hummus recipe from DelightfulMomFood I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!