Thank you Brawny® Tear-A-Square® for sponsoring this post. Think of all the ways you can Put a Square There! These easy cookies for kids are so exciting and entertaining to make with their friends! They are simple, delicious, crunchy, and take little ingredients, not to mention they are made with healthier, gluten-free components that won’t spike the children’s sugar levels too much😊.
Since kids like to nibble on cookie dough (who doesn’t), this cookie recipe for kids is vegan, containing no dairy, egg, or inedible raw ingredients. so guess what, you can eat the dough! They are also one of the best cookies to make with kids since they are healthier and will not create too abundant of a mess!
Easy Cookies For Kids = Building Fond Memories
One of our family favorite things to do together while my kids are still young is to have playdates with friends before they become too old to hang out with their parents. I love to create happy hour playdates with healthy snacks for kids, making a Halloween pumpkin decorating party, and now a cookie making and decorating party! This is wonderful to do any time of the year.
When I say cookie making and decorating party, I am not talking about making cookies with a long process that requires mass amounts of mixing, steps, and ingredients. It is about this gluten-free cookie recipe that uses simple ingredients where the kids can mix, roll into dough, then cut their own cookies into shapes. After the cookies bake, have each child decorate them putting their individuality and creativity into the mix!
Seriously, super simple and easy cookies for kids to make together!
4 tips to planning an effortless “playdate” cookie party for kids
- Plan ahead. Get all ingredients and tools needed for the party such as Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels for easy clean-up, ingredients, enough bowls for each child, and piping bags for icing for everyone to decorate.
- Find an easy cookie recipe for kids that they can make that require few ingredients. These gluten-free cookies are our go-to cookies that we use year-round for all our holiday events. They are simple, vegan and require flours, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. That’s it!
- Set up a dedicated station for the kids. A bar or kitchen counter is ideal, but you can also have the kids sit around a table. Line up the kids at the counter or around the table with every place setting prepared with what each child needs. Have a main bowl for mixing and mini bowls with the rest of the ingredients. For the icing, have that premade and in bags prepared for piping and decorating.
- Prepare for messes. Kids make messes like it is their job! I have even had my kids start a cookie dough fight tossing little balls of dough at each other. Be prepared and have Brawny® Tear-A-Square® on hand. This is the BEST invention yet for paper towels! I always hate when I just need a little bit and feel like I am wasting paper towels for clean up. Brawny® Tear-A-Square® comes in three sizes so you can tear off the amount you need, and no extra is wasted (that saves money too!). The quarter size sheets are great to clean small hands, or to place under the cookies before decorating. And the half and full size sheets are wonderful to catch any larger spills and for easy clean-up during the cookie making process.
More easy cookie recipes for kids
This gluten free cut-out sugar cookie recipe is a favorite of all of ours and the recipe is at the bottom of this post. If you are looking for more options, here are a few more popular delicious gluten-free cookie recipes for kids to try at every cookie making party!
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (vegan)
- Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
Cookie parties are so much fun for kids and are a wonderful tradition to add to your holiday festivities, birthday parties, and playdate gatherings!
And here is a little secret on how to make your cookie making party with kids run a little smoother? Always have clean up towels available for easy -cleaning up and to snag scattering sprinkles that drift away!
Brawny® Tear-A-Square® makes it easy by providing the flexibility to only use what you need with three different sheet size options (full, half and quarter).These paper towels are durable to clean up even the biggest messes and spills – especially when my little one has knocked over the coconut oil, spilled the milk or dropped an egg!
Aside from clean up, my favorite part about these specific paper towels is that they have a quarter size option! We use them all the time as napkins!
Sometimes I just feel guilty or tear my own size to make a paper towel smaller so that I do not waste more than I need. I love to use the quarter size as napkins and for placing under cookies to catch the crumbs and mess! Then use the larger full and half for cleaning up countertops and messes… including any kiddo faces or dog messes!